Email ABC Radio Adelaide By Malcolm Sutton Posted June 04, 2019 12:35:02 Photo: Two truck drivers killed in April are among 53 people who’ve died on SA roads this year. (ABC News) Related Story: Grieving mum pleads for action as road safety boss calls for ban on ‘bombs’ Related Story: Three dead, two injured in Bundaberg car crash Related Story: Truck incinerated, two drivers killed in head-on crash on SA highway Map: Adelaide 5000 As South Australia’s surging road toll is being reflected interstate, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens is pledging to talk with cross-border colleagues to work out what has been going wrong.The state’s road toll has reached 53 compared with 34 at the same time a year ago, while in Victoria there have been a staggering 140 deaths, up from 88 in 2018.”It’s a very difficult challenge for us and one that is quite concerning,” Mr Stevens told ABC Radio Adelaide.”We’re seeing the same sort of trend in other states around Australia as well, and I’m talking with my colleagues in other states to see what initiatives they’re contemplating to pull this back.”The road toll in New South Wales sits at 162 (151 in 2018), Western Australia is 74… Read full this story
- SA Police officer Waylon Johncock who stoned wombat to death allowed to stay in job
- The Latest: Chicago mayor: Police chief staying through year
- Sources: BART hires new police chief from Santa Ana
- Fired Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson 'had been drinking with a woman who was NOT his wife' before he was found asleep at the wheel
- Fired Chicago Police Chief Eddie Johnson was filmed kissing female security guard on camera while they drank for hours at Chicago restaurant before he fell asleep at wheel of his car
- EXCLUSIVE: Police chief's estranged daughter who called him a racist after he shared 'Pig' Starbucks cup photo on Facebook has her OWN history of offensive language, using N-word and complaining about society 'going pro black and anti white'
- Traffic police chiefs suspended over ‘protection money’ allegation in southern Vietnam
- Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson is FIRED for 'lying' about falling asleep in his car after 'a few drinks' by furious new mayor - but she refuses to reveal what his 'intolerable' lies were in order to protect his wife and children
- Hyderabad police chief advises women to 'stand in crowd, run when in crisis'
- Accused snatched two weapons, tried to 'escape', says Cyberabad Police chief Vishwanath C Sajjanar
Rising road toll has concerned SA police chief seeking answers from interstate have 419 words, post on www.abc.net.au at June 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.