The new general education programme issued by the Ministry of Education and Training at the end of last year will be applied for the 2020-21 school year. But preparations for the major transition are lagging behind schedule and with teachers unprepared for the new curriculum, it may already be too late to ensure a smooth transition. Primary school teachers have not yet been trained in the content of the new general education curriculum. VNA/VNS Photo The new curriculum, which focuses on developing student competence through activities, is divided into two phases. The first phase is general education and stretches from grade one to grade nine. Phase two is vocational training from grade 10 to grade 12. In the 2020-21 school year, students in grade one will begin the new curriculum, Tin Tức (News) newspaper reported. Nguyễn Thúc Sinh, deputy head of the Primary Education, Education and Training Department in Phú Thọ Province, said the province needed more teachers to implement the new programme, especially in English and computer science and technology. Students at the primary school level are required to take lessons in Vietnamese, maths, a foreign language, lifestyle and ethics, nature and society, history and geography, science, computer science… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: The primary school teachers making Covid-19 'less scary'
- New primary school inaugurated in Hoc Mon District to mark new academic year
- Srinagar based govt school teacher selected for National Teachers Award 2020
- Class size of 15 pupils when primary schools return
- Coronavirus: Primary schools back but mixed picture on turn-out
- Should primary school children wear masks? As one headteacher says pupils as young as five must use them
- Plans to reopen primary schools are driven by welfare concerns not evidence younger year groups are less vulnerable to the virus, Sage source reveals
- Government to revive times tables tests for primary schools
- In praise of government school teachers
- Cambodia’s kindergartens, primary schools to reopen in September
Primary schools and teachers not ready for new general education cirriculum have 333 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.