Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has sent a notice to ministries, agencies and authorities of centrally-run cities and provinces urging them to fight the spread of African swine fever. Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the disease has been reported in more than 3,000 communes, wards and townships in 52 cities and provinces, resulting in more than 2 million pigs being culled. A total previously-infected 112 communes in 24 provinces and cities have made it 30 days without any new outbreaks. The PM told the officials to continue following the Secretariat’s Directive No.34-CT/TW dated May 20, 2019 and the PM’s Directive No.04/CT-TTg dated February 20, 2019 and other documents, including promptly discovering and culling sick pigs, strictly dealing with cases that seek profit from incentive policy for pig culling, strengthening vet system at all levels, control the transportation and slaughter of pigs in line with regulations. He asked them to raise farmers’ awareness of hygiene solutions and accelerate the restructuring of animal husbandry sector to make up for the shortage of pork. Ministries, agencies and members of the National Steering Committee on the prevention and control of African swine fever were told to… Read full this story
- Romania battles African swine fever outbreak
- Increase in poultry flock because of hog losses due to African Swine Fever
- African Swine Fever 'Decimates N.Korean Pigs'
- No country immune to risk of African swine fever spreading: OIE
- RPT-No country immune to risk of African swine fever spreading - OIE
- African swine fever kills more than 20 wild boar in Poland
- Quarter of world's pig population 'to die due to African swine fever'
- Chinese scientists race to create mutant 'SUPER PIGS' which grow faster and weigh heavier to beat the country's pork shortage caused by fatal swine fever
- PM hails central bank’s move to cut interest rates
- 'He must go now': Murdered journalist's family accuse Maltese PM of clinging on to power after he delays leaving office until mid-January
PM requests stepping up fight against African swine fever have 338 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at June 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.