For those who have roots in Antique or those from the Visayas who can write in Kinaray-a, this should be of interest to you.
Dungug Kinaray-a Inc. is now accepting entries for this year’s Padya Dungug Kinaray-a.
Kinaray-a is the language spoken mostly in West Visayas. It is the language in the province of Antique.
Dungug Kinaray-a Inc. is a non-profit organization composed of Kinaray-a writers, scholars and advocates (I am a member) for the preservation and promotion of the Kinaray-a language and literature.
DK believes that kinaray-a is a beautiful, true, profound and rich language: Ang Kinaray-a matahum, matood, matam-is, kag manggadan. Bukun dya ti labaw okon kubus nga harambalun, kag padayon nga nagapag-un, nagadalum, kag nagatayog paagi sa paghuman ka mga bag-o kag pag-angkun ka mga pangayaw nga mga tinaga kag hantup.
To celebrate the Kinaray-a language, which we believe is a vital part of our heritage, every year DK holds a competition for works in Kinaray-a. This year’s contest has the following categories: (Panaysayun Pangkabataan) Essay for Youth, (Binalaybay) Poetry, (Sogidanun Pangbata) Story for Children, (Bugu nga Sogidanun)Short Story, (Sangka Lihuk nga Sipal) One-Act Play, and (Nobila) Novel.
The deadline for submission of entries is on Sept. 30, 2019.
The contest is open to all (Filipinos and non-Filipinos) of all ages, except current trustees, officers and members of Dungug Kinaray-a Inc. Those who want to participate may join in multiple categories, but can submit only 1 entry per category.
This year’s sponsors include Kagawaran ng Edukasyon, University of the Philippines in the Visayas – Humanities Division, National Commission for Culture and the Arts, Department of Education – Division of Antique, West Visayas State University, Provincial Tourism of Antique, UPV Sentro ng Wikang Filipino, Antique Diocesan Catholic Schools, University of Antique, The Daily Guardian, and Umaverde Corporation.
This is the 13th year that DK is holding this awards program and the participation is heartwarming. The times that I have attended the awards ceremonies, I’m inspired by the enthusiasm of the young people writing in Kinaray-a. The abundance of talent is amazing.
It is part of Dungug Kinaray-a’s mission to encourage more extensive use of Kinaray-a. (Malapnagun nga ginagamit ang Kinaray-a sa mga pagsugidanun, pagsulat, pagpasundayag kag pagtuon; ginakilala ang Kinaray-a bilang linggwahe nga hamtung kag may kabug-usan; kag maabot ang tion nga ang kada Karay-a makabatyag kang bugal sa paggamit kang ana duna nga panghambal.)
In this age when the trend is to be a global citizen – as an immigrant, tourist, student, or an overseas Filipino worker- and proficiency in English is definitely an advantage, it is important that one holds on to the language of his or her roots. Just like a tree that can grow high and have a dense foliage if its roots are deep, so is a person.
Amo ri-a ang Antiqueño.
Blog: ellentordesillas.com[email protected]
Disclaimer: The views in this blog are those of the blogger and do not necessarily reflect the views of ABS-CBN Corp.
- Hanoi student wins 2021 UPU writing contest
- Ross Dellenger, Luke Johnson headline The Advocate's success in APSE national writing contest
- Writing contest on troops in air force launched
- Contest on writing songs and poems on the national seas and islands launched
- Bill Bailey writing new tune for Eurovision 2022 to ‘inject a bit of fun’ into UK’s entry
- Rahul Vaidya Writes Witty Comment On Mahekk Chahal’s Post As She Gets Jealous Of His ‘Red Lips’
- 'American Idol' Contestants Who Came Out After the Show
- Trinamool writes to EC over 'inadequacies' in directions over counting of votes
- Illinois APME announces winners in 2020 newspaper contest
- Who is James Newman? UK’s Eurovision contestant
- Great British Sewing Bee fans gutted as ‘TV gold’ contestant Damien is eliminated
- Eurovision winner Damiano David of Maneskin passes drug test after claims he took cocaine during contest final
News OPINION: Kinaray-a writing contest have 643 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.