Want to read more?We value our content and access to our full site is only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards Subscribe NowSeil poet Kenneth Steven has paired up with a photographer from Skye to bring out a new book paying homage to the great Gaelic writer Sorley MacLean. The Spirit of the Hebrides marries Kenneth’s words with brooding black and photographs by Alastair Jackson, capturing the landscapes of Skye and Raasay through a wide-angled lens. The celebration of Sorley continues with a book launch at Oban Waterstones on Wednesday July 10. The event is free and starts at 6.30pm.Alastair will be there with some of his work, telling the tales that lie behind the landscapes and Kenneth will be reading his poems linking the islands with their people, the stormy skies with the turbulent past, the passing of old ways and the deep spirituality still earthed there. ‘Alastair’s dream was to link his photography with my poetry to celebrate the Gaelic writer… Read full this story
- West Bengal Governor appeals to Mamata Banerjee to take pay cut
- The All-New Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Road Test Review
- Where did the Great British package holiday begin — and will it survive the coronavirus crisis?
- Princess Eugenie is almost unrecognisable with bold new makeup look
- COVID-19 Puts New Yorkers to Test: Organised Riots May Pose Greater Threat Than Looting - Resident
- As coronavirus hits tourism, Wizz Air finds new role
- 'Child's Play' Fans Are Split Over New Trailer
- Akeredolu pays tributes to serving, fallen soldiers
- Coronavirus latest updates: 704 new cases reported since Sunday
- 'Child's Play' Remake Launches Website With New Details on Killer Doll
New book pays homage to great Gaelic bard have 325 words, post on www.obantimes.co.uk at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.