Hanoi (VNA) – Doctors from Military Hospital 103 on June 17 successfully conducted the 500th kidney transplant on a female patient from Nong Cong district of the north central province of Thanh Hoa.
The donor is Nguyen Nho Chinh – the father of the patient.
In recent years, the hospital has made great attainments in terms of organ transplant in general and kidney transplant in particular.
From 1992-2017, the hospital conducted 300 organ transplants.
In the first six months of 2019, as many as 100 kidney transplants were implemented successfully.
In the past, a kidney transplant took 4-6 hours, now the time is shortened to only two hours.
To reach the above-mentioned achievements, the hospital has applied advanced technologies in selecting organs, conducting surgeries and treatment after transplant.-VNA
- 90 Day Fiancé's Ashley Martson provides Instagram update on her hospitalization and says she 'will not need a kidney transplant'
- Maine Man Loses Chance at Kidney Transplant for Smoking Medical Marijuana
- Selena Gomez Opens Up About Her Kidney Transplant And Credits Friend With Saving ‘Her Life’
- 'When someone saves your life!' Natasha Bedingfield shares sweet snap of son Solomon, 23 months, with his doctor as toddler leaves hospital after successful surgery
- Transplant recipients gather to encourage organ donation
- Woman Who Posted 'Verna Needs a Kidney' Billboards Will Finally Get a Kidney
- Woman Inspired by 'Steel Magnolias' Donates a Kidney to Her Pastor, Ends Up Saving 4 People
- Organ Donor Had Kidney with Five Renal Arteries in Rare Medical Anomaly
- Only the bomb shelter will remain from the former hospital
- REVEALED: Hundreds of Britons who buy KIDNEYS on the black market from overseas traffickers charging £30,000 in a bid to avoid NHS waiting lists are coming back with deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitis