The two vessels, accommodating over 700 crew-members, are commanded by Rear Admiral Hiroshi Egawa, Commander of the JMSDF Escort Flotilla 1.
|At the welcoming ceremony for the two warships|
During their four-day visit, the Japanese troops will pay courtesy calls on leaders of the Khanh Hoa provincial People’s Committee, Naval Region 4 Command, and the Vietnam Naval Academy; take part in various exchange activities with units under the Naval Region 4 Command; and admire some landscapes in the province.
|Helicopter carrier JS Izumo (DDH-183) at Cam Ranh International Port|
The visit contributes to expanding the bilateral defense cooperation, trust, and mutual understanding between the two naval forces in particular and militaries in general.
Translated by Van Hieu
- India, Pakistan troops exchange fire on Kashmir LoC
- The weekend cook: Thomasina Miers’ recipes for Vietnamese bun cha and a Japanese rice bowl
- Vietnamese, Japanese firms seek to boost sustainable partnership
- Japanese goods make their own way to enter Vietnamese market
- Hanoi set to take bloom with Japanese cherry trees
- Vietnamese naval ship joins exercise in Singapore
- Hoi An-Japan Cultural Exchange 2019: a fanfare of memorable activities
- Man enriches Vietnamese meals with Japanese style tofu
- HCM City, Japan’s Sakai city promote workforce exchange
- Vietnamese securities catch the eye of South Korean investors