Irish FA chief hails Hughes and O’Neill’s history boys BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Irish FA president David Martin has poured praise on Michael O’Neill’s history makers and Northern Ireland great Aaron Hughes at the end of another proud and emotional week following the men in green. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/irish-fa-chief-hails-hughes-and-oneills-history-boys-38220799.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article38221260.ece/586fa/AUTOCROP/h342/SOCCERBe6.jpg Email Irish FA president David Martin has poured praise on Michael O’Neill’s history makers and Northern Ireland great Aaron Hughes at the end of another proud and emotional week following the men in green. Defender Hughes announced his retirement following Tuesday’s 1-0 win over Belarus and tributes have flowed in for the 39-year-old who won 112 caps after making his international debut in 1998. The former Newcastle United ace from Cookstown said an emotional farewell to his international team-mates after the victory in Borisov but he leaves the stage knowing O’Neill and his players are still hungry to qualify for a major tournament again. Hughes, no stranger to lean times with Northern Ireland, enjoyed the highs of the Euro 2016 adventure and four straight wins leaves the current side on course to make the Euro 2020 finals. Germany and the Netherlands will have something to say about that but with the Green and White Army… Read full this story
- The History Boys – review
- BPCL chief hails privatisation move
- UN chief hails Pacific's 'moral authority' on climate
- Five most dominant high school athletes in Ohio history
- 2017-18 MaxPreps High School Boys Basketball All-American Team
- MaxPreps 2014-15 National Boys Basketball Player of the Year: Ben Simmons
- 2018-19 MaxPreps Boys Basketball Sophomore All-American Team
- 2018-19 MaxPreps Boys Basketball Junior All-American Team
- MaxPreps 2016-17 National Boys Basketball Player of the Year: Michael Porter Jr.
- Arsenal win FA Cup final after 3-2 win over Hull City – as it happened
Irish FA chief hails Hughes and O'Neill's history boys have 331 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at June 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.