The campaign, lasting till August 4, has attracted the participation of over 22,000 youths from the city’s military command, border guard command, police, and other military and police units stationed in the city.
|At the launching ceremony|
Participants in the campaign focus on raising the public awareness of sexual harassment, holding search and rescue drills, equipping people with skills to protect themselves during emergencies, popularizing traffic safety, and distributing leaflets against social vices.
At the ceremony, the organizing panel handed four gratitude houses to needy people who are facing housing difficulties and scholarships to poor students with high academic records.
After the launching ceremony, youths of the city’s armed forces organized a fire-fighting drill, instructed children and adults how to swim, and improved self-protection skills for children.
Translated by Van Hieu
- HCM City launches Earth Hour campaign
- HCM City marks 25th anniversary of summer voluntary campaigns
- HCM City theatres stage new plays for holiday
- More streets in HCM City to be identified for parking cars
- HCM City to reduce plastic waste
- Hanoi, HCM City build smoke-free environments in public areas
- Household wells blamed for HCM City subsidence
- Conference talks boosting HCM City’s dwindling exports
- Hanoi and HCM City ranked as world's most polluted cities
- HCM City vows utmost efforts to become global financial hub