Hanoi (VNA) – A scientific conference on HIV and hepatitis-related studies of the French National Agency for Research on AIDS (ANRS) in Vietnam opened in Hanoi on June 19.
The event attracted nearly 200 scientists, medical managers, researchers, and partners from France, Cambodia, European and North American countries operating in the field.
The two-day conference focuses on scientific cooperation in HIV/AIDS research and prevention between the Vietnamese Ministry of Health and the ANRS; HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment; viral hepatitis; elimination of hepatitis C transmission among drug users; tuberculosis and HIV co-infection; and HIV control in drug users.
Participants were updated on the latest findings and studies on HIV/AIDS of the ANRS in Vietnam and other countries, and measures to preventing the spread of HIV virus worldwide.
They heard that the proportion of people living with HIV/AIDS participating in health insurance has increased significantly, from 50 percent in October 2016 to about 90 percent at present. Many provinces reported the rate of 100 percent of ARV-treated patients with health insurance cards.
In 2019, the health sector has expanded testing activities to detect HIV infected people, especially in key areas, high-risk groups, in prisons and mountainous areas.
Scientific cooperation in HIV/AIDS research and prevention between the MoH and the ANRS started in early 2000 and entered a new stage of development with the signing of the MOU between the two sides on January 18, 2018.
The cooperation has helped to transfer technology to Vietnam for applying to scientific research and improve capacity of medical staff working in the field, contributing to promoting Vietnam’s international integration in scientific research and fine-tuning the quality of care and treatment for HIV-infected patients in the country.-VNA
- White House Advisors on HIV/AIDS Staying With Trump—For Now
- A generation of people with HIV/Aids enter nursing homes, still afraid of prejudice
- Test captains unite in the fight against HIV/AIDS
- Project ACHIEVE Seeking Participants To Help In HIV Prevention Research
- French research gives scientists hope of 'functional cure' for HIV
- The truth about 'patient zero' and HIV's origins
- Progress and stumbles one year into Trump's plan to end HIV
- HIV discovery reveals virus hidden in immune system cells
- The 30-year fight against HIV
- We can now rate efficacy of HIV drugs mathematically — Prof. Chinonso Achebe