The agreement lasts until 2021 and may be extended in coming years.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, VFF General Secretary Le Hoai Anh affirmed that the MoU aims to strengthen cooperation and bolster football development of both sides.
Accordingly, they will prioritise comprehensive development programmes for men’s and women’s football, focusing on the arrangement of friendly matches and training sessions in Vietnam and Germany, along with professional youth football development and exchange of experts.
They will also collaborate in marketing, fundraising, communications and trade activities in the countries and send experts from Germany as fitness and goalkeepers coaches for Vietnam’s youth teams.
For his part, Pierre Michael Littbarski, brand ambassador of VfL Wolfsburg and once a famous footballer of Germany, spoke highly of the multifaceted cooperation, voicing his hope that it will foster the two countries’ football in a practical manner.
Recently, the VFF signed a contract with German fitness coach Dominic Palmer to improve players’ physique.
VfL Wolfsburg is a professional football club based in Wolfsburg of Germany’s Lower Saxony state.-VNA
- PayPal inks partnership deal with Samsung Pay
- Amazon inks NBCUniversal deal; Aims to match Netflix's content library
- Quantium inks MapR deal for real-time analysis edge
- NFL, Facebook ink ad deal on game clips, report says
- KPN inks fibre deal with Telekom Austria as clouds gather around Slim's takeover
- Microsoft inks patent deal with Fuji Xerox
- Barnes & Noble, Microsoft ink $300M deal on e-reading
- Akamai inks cloud deal with China Unicom
- Salesforce.com inks license deal for access to nearly 40,000 patents
- Etsy inks integration deal with Intuit