June 17, 2019 | 04:58 pm GMT+7
A unique kitchen island inside Saigon villa is fashioned as an ideal place for family members to hang out.
Villa T is a 2.5-storey living space with a total construction area of 350 square meters in Cu Chi District on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City. It is home to a family of six members spanning three generations.
Architect Nguyen Duy and his colleagues at Time Architects say they designed Villa T with the notion of a living space rather than a house.
To maximize the connectivity between internal and external spaces, three large doors are installed on the ground floor.
The architects designed the house in a way there is easy connectivity between the inside and the outside, allowing its inhabitants to feel the proximity of nature even when they are inside the house.
The ellipse-shaped kitchen island is placed in the center of the house on the ground floor, become a highlight of the common space, making it attractive and convenient. The kitchen also connects with the living and dining room, guest area and stairway, allowing easy interaction between family members.
Large windows, skylights and air bricks can be found throughout the house, allowing natural ventilation and lighting.
Due to height and construction area restrictions, the mezzanine is used as a way to increase functional space.
Since the house does not have any balcony, the owner has created a makeshift terrace as a place to sit and relax.
First floor blueprint.
Photos by Hiroyuki Oki
- The OLPC's real importance is as a conversation starter
- Conferences as conversation starters
- 8 Tinder First Message Tips That Will Actually Start a Conversation
- Love Island FIRST LOOK at the interiors for the 2019 villa
- Love Island's Lucie Donlan cuts a stylish figure in a heart print dress as she meets co-star Belle Hassan's actor dad Tamer for lunch
- 'We can be reactive': Love Island Australia producer reveals the REAL reason the villa location is in Fiji and not Majorca - hinting at more twists for the racy series
- Love Island's Molly-Mae 'secretly said the thought of kissing Tommy made her feel SICK'... amid accusations of 'game playing'
- Love Island: Tommy has his bare bottom SHAVED by his 'brother for life' Curtis in hilarious unseen clip
- 'Not long now!' Sophie Monk stuns in new Love Island Australia trailer for upcoming season
- 'You are trash!' Love Island Australia star Maurice Salib's ex-girlfriend unleashes in a SAVAGE Instagram rant - after he claimed to be 'single for the past six months'