Shortly after being notified, the Foreign Ministry’s Consular Department asked the Chinese Embassy in Vietnam to liaise with relevant agencies of China to provide urgent support. It also asked the Vietnamese Embassy in China to ask for timely assistance.
The Vietnamese Embassy in China cited the host country’s maritime search and rescue centre as saying that on June 6, the Nan Hai Jiu 117 vessel was deployed to search for and successfully rescue the injured fisherman at the request of Vietnam.
After that, the fisherman received medical treatment given by the Chinese side. He, in stable health condition, was sent back to the Vietnamese fishing boat on June 8.-VNA
- Finding help for addicted fisherman
- Trade war: India may come to China's rescue as US tightens noose
- Rappel team rescues injured man trapped on cliff ledge above Palisades park
- Knife-wielding attack in China: 14 children injured; suspect arrested
- Firefighters rescue injured woman from the beach below Point Fermin Park in San Pedro
- Florence: Coast Guard helps rescue victims in North Carolina
- Reporter Interrupts Livestream To Help Rescue Dog From Hurricane Florence Flooding
- Lifeguards help rescue massive sea turtle hooked by angler off San Clemente Pier
- Nebraskans helping rescue Hurricane Florence victims
- City won't help rescue Wheel; not 'economically viable,' mayor says