Nghe An (VNA) – More than 3,000 children under 16 years old in the central province of Nghe An received free examinations for congenital heart disease under the programme “Trai tim cho em” (Healthy heart operation) held at Nghe An Children’s Hospital from June 7-9.
The programme was organised by the military-run telecom Viettel’s branch in Nghe An, the Vietnamese Heart Fund of the Vietnam Television and doctors from the Children’s Heart Centre of Central Children’s Hospital, and Nghe An Children’s Hospital.
Poor children found suffering from heart disease can apply for free surgery under the programme.
Dr. Nguyen Ly Thinh Truong, Director of the Children’s Heart Centre of the Central Children’s Hospital, said the early detection of heart diseases will help the kids receive timely treatment and get a normal life.
Since 2011, more than 100,000 children in 46 cities and provinces have received free examinations for congenital heart diseases under the Healthy heart operation programme. More than 1,000 were found to have the diseases and got help for treatment.-VNA
- Gut bacteria “signatures” predict how the body will respond to poor food choices, predicting risk for diabetes, heart disease
- Children deficient in vitamin D may die from heart disease later in life… why won’t doctors recommend this low-cost nutrient?
- Flu Shot Crucial for People With Heart Disease
- Heart Disease: Half of U.S. Adults Have Some Form of Cardiovascular Disease
- Facts About Heart Disease That Can Save Women's Lives
- AHA: Lung Scans of COPD Patients Can Reveal Heart Disease, Death Risk
- Cancer-Causing HPV Tied to Heart Disease
- Heart disease can have long-term impact on the mind, study says
- Heart disease can have long-term impact on the brain, study says
- Head and Heart: Migraines Linked to Heart Disease Risk