According to police in Mai Chau District, the accident occurred at 12.20am when a bus running from Hanoi to Dien Bien hit a truck carrying scrap metal on National Road 6.
The collision left three people including the bus driver and two passengers dead while 38 other passengers injured, police said, adding that most of the victims had yet to be identified.
Both the bus and the truck were heavily damaged.
Police are further investigating the cause of the accidents.
- Galactic collision leaves behind a stellar mess
- Accident At Mercedes DTM Demo Leaves Two Bystanders Injured
- Protesters and Police Officers Injured During Demonstrations Against Killing of Keith Lamont Scott
- God Tells Tow Truck Driver To Strand Bernie Sanders Supporter On Side Of Road
- A Trump Loving Tow Truck Driver Left a Disabled Bernie Sanders Supporter on the Side of the Road
- Help Find The Hit And Run Driver Who Seriously Injured A Florida Student
- Here Are Ten Of The Most Reliable Cars For Less Than $2000
- Why Everyone's Still Going Nuts Over The New Ford Bronco: An Explainer
- New tech aims to help soldiers battle limb injuries
- China developing surveillance technology to monitor ethnic languages