According to police in Mai Chau District, the accident occurred at 12.20am when a bus running from Hanoi to Dien Bien hit a truck carrying metal scraps on National Road 6.
The collision left three people including the bus driver dead while 31 other passengers injured, police said, adding that most of the victims have not been indentified yet.
Both the bus and the truck were heavily damaged.
Police are further investigating the cause of the accidents.
- NA leader attends opening of Hoa Binh culture, tourism week
- 22 children injured in school van-truck collision in Moga
- 10 dead, 30 injured as bus, truck collide in Madhya Pradesh's Rewa
- 10 killed in China minibus-truck collision
- Overload blamed for fatal minibus-truck collision
- Deaths at Ikoyi Prison: 5 inmates electrocuted to death, 7 injured
- Family who won chance to live on remote island leave after son injured on first day
- Hopping Mad: Kangaroo Attacks Family, Leaves Woman Seriously Injured - Reports
- Dioxin remediation project kicked off at Bien Hoa Airbase
- Kempsey bus crash: 50 years on and the pain's still there for some