Before, on June 10, farm owner Le Thi Ngoc Cam in Phu Huu Ward of district 9 informed the city’s Office of Husbandry and Animal Health that three pigs in her farm died meanwhile the remaining pigs experienced the symptoms of ASF.
Staff from the office were quick to take samples for testing. Test results have shown the pigs were positive for African Swine Fever virus.
The veterinarians and district People’s Committee yesterday culled 163 pigs of the infected farm and sprayed chemicals in the piggery premises within 10 days.
Presently, there are seven farms in Phu Huu Ward with total number of 506 pigs. The office distributed chemical to farms for disinfecting within seven days and three next weeks. All pigs in the ward are not allowed to be sold within one month.
Division of Animal Health will disinfect 29 farms with 2,422 pigs in the distance of 3 kilometers from the infected farms in wards Long Truong and Truong Thanh of District 9 and Binh Trung Dong of District 2 in four weeks.
BY THANH HAI – Translated by ANH QUAN
- Pork gets dear as African swine fever spreads
- African swine fever spreads to two more southern provinces
- African swine fever found in another province near Saigon
- Saigon to beef up African swine fever fight
- 1.2 million pigs culled due to African Swine Fever
- African swine fever reaches Saigon
- HCMC tightens control over pigs into city
- Pork closely monitored in HCMC
- HCMC plans to reserve pork, poultry as ASF virus spreads fast