800 people to join the fifth International Day of Yoga in Hanoi. Photo: Ha Phuong
The event is organized by the Indian Embassy in coordination with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Hanoi People’s Committee, Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports and Bao Viet Life Corporation.
The International Day of Yoga in Vietnam with the theme “Yoga – Green for Life” will open with a one-hour mass performance of Yoga Protocol by Vietnamese Yoga lovers at the Quan Ngua Sports Complex, No. 30 Van Cao street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.
Rajesh Uike expressed his appreciation at the large number of Vietnamese people taking part in the event last year.
In 2018, more than 1,200 people joined a yoga protocol performance at Hanoi’s Indoor Athletics Palace in response to the International Day of Yoga.
The Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City will separately celebrate the event on Saturday, June 29.
Yoga is a 5,000-year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice having its origin in India, which aims to transform both body and mind. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga.
The declaration came after the call for the adoption of June 21 as International Day of Yoga by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address to the UN General Assembly on September 27, 2014.
- 45 people indicted in Hungary in match-fixing scam
- A winemaker, a test proctor and a CEO -- These are the people involved in the alleged scam
- Today will be “A Day Without A Woman” here at
- Smokey haze makes Sydney's air quality the fifth worst in the world and sparks a surge in asthma call outs - as it lingers until Sunday
- Report: Dwight Howard interested in joining Rockets
- Justin Simien says some people are still “triggered” by
- Mali football team inspired by people back home
- As we mark World Vegan Day, here are four great reasons to give animal products a miss
- Danny Green joins Heat at club
- Play ball! Obama, Big Mac highlight opening day