June 15, 2019 | 08:38 pm GMT+7
Roads leading to Binh Hiep Border Guard Station in Long An Province have been blocked. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Loc
A second lieutenant of Binh Hiep border guard station in Long An Province shot and injured three colleagues in the station on Saturday evening.
“Ta Quang Dat, chief of staff of Binh Hiep Border Guard Station, shot and wounded at least three people in his station,” said Chairman of Kien Tuong Town People’s Committee Nguyen Van Vu.
The victims have been sent to the provincial hospital.
Local authorities said Dat holds a gun that looks like an AK riffle and is still entrenching in the station.
“The scene is very chaotic. The provincial government has called for residents evacuation. Authorities are negotiating with Dat,” Vu said.
All roads leading to the site has been cordoned off. People living near the station have been evacuated.
- Border guards travel in style on cruise ships so passengers avoid queuing when they disembark
- UNIAN: Ukraine border guards remind Saakashvili of entry ban until 2021
- 112.ua: Border Guard Day in Ukraine
- Stronger EU borders with a new standing corps of 10,000 border guards
- Border guards to beef up security measures at checkpoints amid tensions over custom clearance rules for cars
- Ukraine border guards remind Saakashvili of entry ban until 2021 following "comeback" statement
- Ukrainian border guards detain Donbas militant at Crimea de-facto border
- Day of Armenia Border Guard Troops is celebrated
- Russian border guards prevent narcotics smuggling in Armenia
- Russian court jails ex-Norway border guard for spying