June 15, 2019 | 08:38 pm GMT+7
Roads leading to Binh Hiep Border Guard Station in Long An Province, southern Vietnam, have been blocked. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Loc
A second lieutenant of a border guard station in Long An Province shot three colleagues and killed himself on Saturday evening.
One of the three victims died at the provincial hospital while the other two are injured and under treatment.
“Ta Quang Dat, chief of staff of Binh Hiep Border Guard Station, shot at least three people in the station,” said Chairman of Kien Tuong Town People’s Committee Nguyen Van Vu.
Local authorities said Dat held a gun that looks like an AK riffle. He entrenched in the station after the shooting.
“The scene is very chaotic. The provincial government has called for residents evacuation. Authorities are negotiating with Dat,” Vu said.
All roads leading to the site has been cordoned off. People living near the station have been evacuated.
- 3 injured in shooting at Long An border guard station
- Quang Ninh sets up two more border guard stations
- President Truong Tan Sang pays a working visit to Ta Vat border guard station
- NA leader visits Lung Cu border guard station ahead of Tet
- Border guards suspended over major illegal logging case
- Border guards suspected of destroying in Phong Nha-Ke Bang forest
- Vietnam closes border railway station ahead of Trump-Kim summit - VnExpress International
- Lao Cai border guards maintain sound partnership with Chinese peers
- Border guards strengthen posts at Dong Dang railway station