Hanoi (VNA) – The World Economic Forum (WEF) has built a National Plastic Action Partnership (NPAP) for Vietnam and is looking for feedback from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of Vietnam, said Justin Wood, head of the WEF’s Regional Agenda – Asia Pacific.
Wood made the request at a working session with Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Tran Hong Ha in Hanoi on May 15.
He said the NPAP for Vietnam was developed under a protocol signed between WEF and the ministry on January 23. The pact focuses on supporting Vietnam in joining the Global Plastics Action Partnership (GPAP) and developing circular economy, particularly contents related to Vietnam’s initiatives and activities when taking the role of ASEAN Chair in 2020.
The GPAP is an initiative of WEF on collaborating with government and stakeholders in coastal economies battling plastic waste to translate their commitments into action by fast-tracking circular economy solutions.
In response to his guest, Minister Ha said the ministry has assigned the Vietnam Environment Administration, which oversees solid waste management, to study WEF’s proposal for further discussion and collaboration.
He praised the WEF’s contributions to the draft Bangkok Declaration and an action framework on marine waste, both were issued as part of the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Marine Debris in Bangkok, Thailand, last March.
The official also noted that the ministry has tasked the Vietnam Administration of Sea and Islands with working with WEF in building specific initiatives and actions related to tackling ocean plastic waste for Vietnam.-VNA
- Vietnam Travel: Pu Luong Nature Reserve, Phu Luong Nature Reserve (a new adventure tour in Vietnam)
- Think circular, think HEINEKEN Vietnam
- EU Members Reject Proposal to Impose Regulating System on Any Shoe Importer
- Bitter Vietnam Vets Often Cause Hurtful Statements Detracting From Their Honor, Duty and Service
- Nationalism or the Endorsement of Government Policy
- Book Proposal Advice
- Plastic Surgery Financing
- Vietnam: The Cultural Odyssey of South East Asia
- Planning Your Civil Partnership Ceremony
- Tet's Holiday in Vietnam