Moscow (VNA) – The 2019 Vietnamese Students’ Sport Festival kicked off in Moscow on May 1, drawing more than 1,000 athletes who are Vietnamese students learning in Russia.
A new feature of this year’s event is the participation of a team from the All-Union Leninist Young Communist League of the host country.
During the five-day festival, participants are competing in four sports of men’s football, women’s football, relay run, and tug-of-war.
In his opening remarks, Tran Duy Thanh, Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union chapter in Russia, said that the festival is the largest annual sport and cultural event of the Vietnamese community in the country.
It serves as a venue for Vietnamese students in Russia to strengthen solidarity, Thanh added.
The festival was first held in Moscow in 1998 as a football tournament for Vietnamese students.-VNA
- Student sports festival opens in Moscow
- Students hold sports festival in Moscow
- Vietnamese student summer sports festival opens in Moscow
- Vietnam students heat up music night of world youth festival
- Exhibition on Viet Nam's renewal opens in Russia
- Football fans rush to Russia for long-awaited World Cup
- EVENTS ON AUGUST 20-25
- US classical musicians to entertain