Defence Minister Ngo Xuan Lich and his Japanese counterpart Takeshi Iwaya inspect guards of honour in Hanoi (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) –Defence Minister Ngo Xuan Lich and his Japanese counterpart Takeshi Iwaya agreed to continue pushing forward the effective and substantial development of bilateral defence ties during 2019 and following years during their talks in Hanoi on May 2. The talks took place during the Japanese defence minister’s official visit to Vietnam from May 2 to 4. The two defence ministers vowed to make good use of existing cooperation mechanisms and boost defence ties in accordance with signed agreements, including the Joint Vision Statement on Vietnam – Japan Defence Cooperation towards the next decade. They also pledged to coordinate closely as co-chairs of the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM-Plus) Experts’ Working Group on Peacekeeping Operations when Vietnam assumes the role of ASEAN Chair in 2020. The two countries will continue their partnership in training, capacity improvement, information technology, UN peacekeeping mission, military medicine, defence industry for the sake of peace, stability and prosperity in the region. Host and guest shared the view that defence cooperation is one of the important contents of the Vietnam – Japan extensive strategic… Read full this story
- Policy reform is key to unlock Vietnam's M&A future
- Vietnam’s M&A successes in spotlight
- Bird Flu in Japan Too
- Business and Market Overview on Vietnam
- Japanese and Western Dojos: Comparisons Made By a Westerner Who Lived in Japan With a Karate Master
- Never Run Out of Altitude, Airspeed, and Ideas at the Same Time: Lessons From the Vietnam POWs
- The Values of a Link for Search Engine Optimization
- Foreigners Wanting to Drive in Japan
- The Link is the Thing!
- 9 Hot Tips for Linking With Other Sites
Vietnam, Japan reinforce defence links have 298 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.