The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) has been fined USD39,500 after local fans set off flares at two AFC U23 Championship qualification matches. The Asian Football Confederation issued a USD13,750 fine for the match between Vietnam and Indonesia at My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on March 24, with the remainder for the match against Thailand. Vietnamese fans burn flares at the match between Vietnam and Indonesia This is the fourth time the VFF has been fined. If the problem continues, the VFF would be more strictly punished. The VFF was previously fined USD11,000 after a match at the 2019 Asian Cup qualifiers against Cambodia at the Phnom Penh Olympic Stadium. In August 2018, the AFF had to pay a fine of USD12,500 as fans set off flares at the Asian Games (ASIAD) in Indonesia after a match with South Korea. In 2016, VFF was also penalised USD38,000 after local football fans threw stones through the windows of a bus carrying the Indonesian football squad to their hotel in Hanoi.
- Qatar take bronze at AFC U23 Championship in China
- Tough draw for Vietnam at AFC U23 Championships
- Vietnam drawn in tough group at 2018 AFC U23 Championship finals
- Vietnam in Group D of AFC U23 Championship 2018 finals
- Vietnam heads to Qatar for AFC U23 Championship finals
- Vietnam in Group D of AFC U23 Championship
- Revealed – Vietnam AFC U23 championship qualifier opponents
- Vietnam beats Timor Leste 4 - 0 in AFC U23 Championship Qualifier
- Vietnam beat Thailand 4-0, advancing to AFC U23 champ final round
- Football Federation fined after fan flare incident in Cambodia
VFF fined VND40,000 for AFC U23 Championship flare incidents have 266 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.