Vietnam welcomed about 1.11 million RoK tourists in January-March, a year-on-year surge of 24.4 percent, surpassing the 1 million mark in a quarter for the first time.
With this momentum, the figure is projected to exceed 4 million visitors this year.
After reaching the milestone of 1 million visitors for the first time in 2015, tourist arrivals from the RoK to Vietnam jumped to 2.42 million in 2017 and 3.44 million last year.
Vietnam has emerged as a popular destination for Koreans, due to its diverse landscapes and low costs.
Notably, in the first four months of 2019, visitors from the RoK accounted for 29.3 percent of the total 847,700 foreigners to the central province of Thua Thien-Hue, home to the capital of the last feudal dynasty in Vietnam, becoming the largest source of tourists to the province.-VNA
- Vietnam attracts 5.8 billion USD in FDI in first quarter
- RoK, Vietnamese artists display works together
- Hanoi traditional values feature in Old Quarter braised fish
- Vietnam assumes ASEAN Chair
- Vietnam, Laos seek to boost trade by 10-15 percent
- RoK plans to build Vietnam-style village at coach Park Hang-seo's hometown
- Vietnam among top five global textile exporters
- Cambodia, RoK boost bilateral economic cooperation
- Vietnam always facilitates foreign investors: official
- Thai Nguyen: RoK’s movement gives rural village facelift