Foreign tourists to Vietnam (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Tourist arrivals from the Republic of Korea (RoK) to Vietnam exceeded 1 million in the first quarter of 2019, revealed the Korea Tourism Organisation on May 16. Vietnam welcomed about 1.11 million RoK tourists in January-March, a year-on-year surge of 24.4 percent, surpassing the 1 million mark in a quarter for the first time. With this momentum, the figure is projected to exceed 4 million visitors this year. After reaching the milestone of 1 million visitors for the first time in 2015, tourist arrivals from the RoK to Vietnam jumped to 2.42 million in 2017 and 3.44 million last year. Vietnam has emerged as a popular destination for Koreans, due to its diverse landscapes and low costs. Notably, in the first four months of 2019, visitors from the RoK accounted for 29.3 percent of the total 847,700 foreigners to the central province of Thua Thien-Hue, home to the capital of the last feudal dynasty in Vietnam, becoming the largest source of tourists to the province.-VNA
- Next-gen iPhones to switch to 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM, surpass 50 million quarterly shipments?
- BlackBerry makes $98 million quarterly profit, ships one million Z10s
- Comments for : BlackBerry makes $98 million quarterly profit, ships one million Z10s
- Dallas Morning News parent reports $4 million quarterly loss, a decline from a year ago
- Comments for : Next-gen iPhones to switch to 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM, surpass 50 million quarterly shipments?
- Vietnam’s economic growth likely to reach set target in 2019: VEPR
- See stunning, rare images from the Vietnam War 50 years ago
- Vietnam, US investigate 4.3 billion USD aluminum origin fraud
- Spotify is now available in Israel, Romania, South Africa, and Vietnam
- LG suffers more losses in mobile for fourth quarter, record high revenue overall
RoK tourists to Vietnam top 1 million in first quarter have 289 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.