Cairo (VNA) – The Vietnamese Embassy in Egypt on May 16 held a ceremony to mark the 129th birthday of President Ho Chi Minh (May 19).
The event saw the attendance of Egyptian officials, ambassadors and representatives of foreign diplomatic corps in Egypt, international scholars and representatives of the Vietnamese community in the country.
In his remarks, Vietnamese Ambassador to Egypt Tran Thanh Cong recalled President Ho Chi Minh’s theoretical and practical contributions to communist and national liberation movements in the world, especially those in Africa, including Egypt.
President Ho Chi Minh is a great friend of Egyptian people, and a symbol of the friendship, solidarity and loyalty between Vietnam and Egypt, the diplomat said, noting that he laid a firm foundation for the traditional friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between the two countries.
Egyptian guests expressed their impressions and sentiments towards Vietnam, and lauded the country’s development in such spheres as economy, culture and science-technology.
Within the framework of the event, the embassy held photo exhibition featuring President Ho Chi Minh, and displayed documents and newspapers on the late leader.-VNA
- Safety in Saigon - 3 Ways to Enjoy Ho Chi Minh City Safely
- Selecting the Best Birthday Theme
- Tai Chi - How Can it Benefit My Health?
- Cultural Explorations on Holiday to Egypt
- George Washington and the Origin of Presidents Day
- Birthday Gifts For Baby - Try the Auspicious Feng Shui Products
- Flat Iron Frenzy - CHI Vs Sedu
- Flat Iron Frenzy - CHI Vs GHD
- New York For Kids - The George Washington Trail - Following Our First President - Part 2
- Kids Birthday Party Ideas Sure Not to Disappoint