|Nguyen The Ky, President of the VOV, addresses the opening ceremony of the Press Cup 2019.|
Nguyen The Ky, President of the Voice of Vietnam (VOV), said at the opening ceremony that this year’s event is the fourth version of the Press Cup to be held. He noted the popularity and success of the competition which has captured the attention of reporters from across the country.
He also noted that the tournament has helped to create a useful, attractive, and significant event for reporters nationwide which promotes sports within the community.
|Mr. Ky shakes hands and gives his encouragement to the footballers who are taking part in the Press Cup 2019’s qualifiers in the northern region.|
Following the opening ceremony, a round of fixtures were held. The first matches were between teams from the People’s Public Security Television and Hanoi Moi newspaper, the Business Forum newspaper and the army radio and television centre, the youth newspaper and the lawyer magazine, and finally between the Voice of Vietnam and Vietnam News Agency.
The tournament is one of the activities that is being held to celebrate the 74th anniversary of the National Day (September 2, 1945 – September 2, 2019), and the 94th anniversary of the Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (June 21, 1925 – June 21, 2019).
- World of Tanks to Host a Month-Long Football Tournament
- Pokémon X & Y Global Link online tournament kicks off next month
- UK Tekken 6 tournament kicks off today
- Battle.net World Championship tournament kicks off this weekend
- National Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer Tournament Kicks off at San Francisco Gamestop
- The NA LCS Promotion Tournament Kicks off Today
- Watch it live: MLG Anaheim StarCraft 2 tournament kicks off tonight
- VGA Union Cup kicks off amateur golf championship in 2019
- New technology can track a football’s exact location on the field
- FIFA Interactive World Cup tournament hits one million players