It said the charges levied on a doctor involved in lapses in dialysis procedures that killed nine patients back in 2017, shocking the nation, was “not right”. In a Friday document sent to the People’s Court and People’s Procuracy of Hoa Binh Province, the ministry said the charge was “forced, not suitable, and even unjust.” Doctor Hoang Cong Luong, 33, was charged with “involuntary manslaughter” in the healthcare disaster deemed the nation’s most serious in years. At the court of first instance in Hoa Binh, Luong, a nephrologist with the Hoa Binh Province General Hospital, was sentenced to three and a half years in jail for his inaction leading to the series of deaths in 2017. The verdict said that although Luong was not responsible for the water used in the process, he should have been aware of the importance of the water filter system for dialysis. He did not check if the system was ready to use though he knew repair work was being done. The court said Luong had been “negligent, confident in his own experience and performed duty out of habit.” Yet the ministry says that the investigators, Hoa Binh police, had changed the charges against doctor… Read full this story
- New Orleans doctors scramble as coronavirus deaths, cases soar
- Ministry convenes meeting on new Covid-19 cases linking with Bach Mai Hospital
- Vanderpump Rules star Jax Taylor says coronavirus is punishment from God because 'he's tired of the way we treat people'
- India Records Highest Number of Deaths as Health Ministry Reports Drop in Rate of COVID19 Cases
- Coronavirus deaths, cases in India see biggest jump in a day
- Syria reports 1st death case of COVID-19
- WHO Says 95 Percent of Coronavirus Deaths in Europe Were People Over 60 Years Old
- Coronavirus | Health Ministry says ‘limited community transmission’ in India
- There was shortage of safety gear, says doctor who tested positive; recovers
- Coronavirus pandemic | Finance Ministry says help towards COVID-19 to be eligible as CSR
Ministry says doctor unfairly punished in dialysis deaths case have 338 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.