Dien Bien (VNA) – Border guards of the northwestern mountainous province of Dien Bien and Lao competent forces on May 18 arrested two Lao men for smuggling 120,000 meth pills.
The arrested are 42-year-old Thao Denh Cha, residing in Phon Na My hamlet, Nam Bac district, Luang Prabang province; and 22-year-old Thao Na Song from Hua Na hamlet, Nam Bac district.
Both were captured in Nam Thon hamlet, Nam Bac district, with the meth pills, together with two mobile phones and other objects.
The men confessed that they had received the meth at the Golden Triangle – a mountainous area on the borders of Laos, Thailand and Myanmar, and were on their way to trade it with a Vietnamese.
They were handed over to Luang Prabang’s security force for treatment.-VNA
- Three Lao men arrested for drug trafficking
- Lao men arrested for drug smuggling
- 2 Lao men arrested for carrying drugs en route to Vietnam
- Four arrested, 130,000 meth pills seized in Uttaradit
- Two Lao men arrested for carrying drugs en route to Vietnam
- 2 Lao men arrested for trafficking 35 kilos of opium into Vietnam
- 2 Laos men caught smuggling 12 kg of heroin to Vietnam
- Nghe An: man arrested with 4,800 meth pills
- Dien Bien: Two men caught carrying 20,000 meth pills