|Representatives of the participating teams, including two foreign teams, pose for a group photo at the press conference – Photo: Van Ly|
They will compete with other teams from Vietnamese universities such as University of Engineering and Technology, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Lac Hong University, Military Technical Academy, and Nha Trang University, the organizer said at a press conference recently.
With the theme “Programming self-driving vehicles” and total prize money of VND1.2 billion, the contest aims to boost research on automation technology in Vietnam.
It is a playground for students to get access to the latest technologies in the world while creating a global environment to develop necessary soft skills for their future jobs.
In the final round, the teams are required to use image processing and artificial intelligence technologies to program their vehicles that will have to overcome obstacles in inconstant lighting conditions.
The winning team will be awarded a one-week trip to the US or Japan to learn about advanced technologies, VND15 million in cash, and an artificial intelligence scholarship worth VND700 million.
- Four Central and South teams for final round of 2018 Digital Race identified
- 10 teams enter final round of WhiteHat Grand Prix – Global challenge 2015
- 3 Vietnamese teams enter final round of WhiteHat Grand Prix 2018
- Russellville teams competing in Class 1 races
- UET won first prize in Digital Race 2018 of FPT
- Asian-scaled Digital Race 2018-2019 launched
- Digital Race for university students launched
- Vietnamese team in final of Go Green in the City 2018
- Sailors gear up for Round Mull Race