Binh Phuoc (VNA) – The ending point of the Truong Son Trail – the legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail – at Km No. 1200 in Chon Thanh town in Chon Thanh district of the southern province of Binh Phuoc has been recognised as a special national relic in the Ho Chi Minh Trail historical relic system.
Addressing a ceremony in Dong Xoai city of Binh Phuoc on May 10 to announce the decision, Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Nguyen Tien Dung recalled that during the war, the nearly 17,000km Ho Chi Minh Trail helped transport weapons and soldiers to the battlefields, contributing to the success of the Ho Chi Minh Campaign in 1975 to liberate and reunite the country.
The strategic trail started from the central province of Nghe An and ran through Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Quang Nam, Kon Tum, Gia Lai, Dak Lak, Dak Nong and ended in Binh Phuoc. It passed through dense areas of jungle, and served the supply of weapons, goods, food, and military equipment from the North to the South during the country's resistance war.
The ending point of the trail, about 35km from Dong Xoai city and 80km from Ho Chi Minh City, was recognised as a special national relic on December 24, 2018 following the Prime Minister's Decision 1820/QD-TTg, he noted.
The section witnessed the sacrifices of soldiers, volunteer youngsters and frontline porters who shed blood to open the road and increase supply to the southern battlefields in the 1973-1975 period, said Dung.
He said that the trail is not only a symbol for the Vietnamese people's wish for independence, freedom and national reunification, but it has helped develop socio-economic situation in remote areas along the road, while contributing to ensuring national security and defence.-VNA
- Vietnam star leaves chairmanship of Ho Chi Minh City club for football academy
- Misplaced traffic lights at level crossings imperil drivers in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hit-and-run leads to multiple collisions in Ho Chi Minh City
- Asia for Animal Coalition calls on Vietnam to end circus animal cruelty
- Gov. Edwards calls for special session
- Two Americans to hike 1,500 miles through wilderness to blaze new trails
- Trails, campground and cabins: Explore southwest Montana during Memorial Day weekend
- Kenyan Stars Begin Diamond League Points Hunt in Doha
- Wrestler Neff Maiava blazed a trail for next generation
- Kenya Power to Revamp System to End Billing Problem
- President George H.W. Bush gets special performance from the cast of 'Hamilton'
- Full transcript: Face the Nation on May 6, 2018
Ho Chi Minh Trail’s ending point recognised as special national relic have 421 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.