According to the HCM City Department of Transport, bus tickets will be increased by VND1,000 (4 US cents) per ticket.
HCM City has raised bus fare from May 1
For the 15-25km distance, the fare will be VND6,000, VND7,000 for the distance of 25km and over. Trips below 15 kilometres will cost VND5,000.
The fare for students will be VND3,000 per ticket.
The higher bus tickets are hoped to raise the city’s bus revenues by VND92.5 billion annually. This will also help cooperatives and enterprises buy new vehicles and upgrade bus stops and parking lots.
- Passengers returning to HCM City face bus price gouging
- HCM City improves bus services
- HCM City boosts bus system subsidies
- Bus ticket prices to increase during upcoming Tet
- HCM City upgrading bus services
- HCM City upgrades bus services
- Hanoi, HCM City transport hubs busy for National Day weekend
- Plan to build smart public restrooms underway in HCM City
- Jestar Pacific offers cheap HCM City - Chu Lai tickets