Among the items were a range of products which had been properly declared to customs officials by a Vietnamese company. They include Aktiv toothpaste, Loves shampoo, and DIORRO male clothes.
Despite this, officials at the scene remained suspicious and decided to conduct an examination of the shipment. Upon searching the items, officials discovered a number of goods which had not been declared to customs. They include dishwashers, electric steamers, cookware sets, and other German branded household items.
A huge number of boxes containing cigars bearing the labels of Cohiba, Habanos, Magnum, and Habana were also confiscated following the search.
The authorities are now conducting a further investigation into the case.
- Copycat goods rampant from streets to malls
- Social News 21/10
- Shopping in Pyongyang, and Other Adventures in North Korean Capitalism
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 17/7
- World's oldest profession is here to stay so deal with it
- Major shareholder assures Euro Auto’s legal compliance
- Light at tunnel's end: Vietnam pledges tough action against illegal wildlife trade
- BRIEF NEWS AUGUST 21
- Social Headlines January 26