The crew suffocated while opening the freezer storage on their boat when arriving at Giang Port in Quang Binh Province’s Bo Trach District.
One of the fishermen suffers from suffocation
They were taken to Bo Trach General Hospital. However, Le Van Hung died on the way to hospital. Meanwhile, five others, Vo Van Hoa, Dinh Don, Nguyen Thanh Linh and Nguyen Van Due were being treated at Vietnam-Cuba Friendship Hospital in Dong Hoi City.
Among those, Due and Hue are also in critical condition. They are currently using ventilators.
According to doctors, the men would be harmed by hydro-sulfur which produced toxic gas from their fish store due to the hot weather.
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 12/2
- Is Pot-Growing Bad for the Environment?
- “300 Miners Feared Drowned After a PolyMet-style Tailings Dam Ruptures in Brazil”
- Arsenic, lead in water pouring out of former U.S. mine sites
- Scientists Plan Visit to Plastic Vortex in Pacific Ocean
- Plastic garbage patch: Medical tests 'inspired me to investigate'
- Company accused of dumping cyanide interferes with reporters
- China races to prevent environmental disaster after tanker sinks
- China races to tackle expanding oil spill after tanker sinks