At the event (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – The Ho Chi Minh City Union of Friendship Organisations (HUFO) held a ceremony on May 4 to honour war veterans who joined Dien Bien Phu campaign on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of Dien Bien Phu victory (May 7). Speaking at the event, HUFO Vice President and General Secretary Nguyen Van Manh said under the command of General Vo Nguyen Giap, the Vietnam People’s Army won the Dien Bien Phu historical victory on May 7, 1954, making important contributions to ending the Indochina war with the signing of Geneva Agreement on July 20, 1954, thus restoring peace in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. The Vietnamese nation always remembers those who made dedication to that world-shaking victory, he said. During the nine-year resistance war, the Vietnamese people and army received invaluable material and spiritual support from Lao, Chinese and Russian peoples in the fight for national defence and reunification, winning the ultimate triumph on April 30, 1975. It was an important foundation to lift ties with Laos, China and Russia to a greater height for the sake of peace, development and prosperity of each nation in the future, he added. The… Read full this story
- LGBT veterans honored at D.C. wreath laying ceremony
- Students at Bixby Elementary School in Long Beach honor veterans
- Homeless Veterans Awareness Campaign set to begin Friday morning in Lebanon
- Warren’s team is scouting Boston locations for a campaign HQ. Where could they land?
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM)’s inaugural graduation ceremony: Dr. Letitia Obeng honoured
- Donald Trump Tells Fox News He Was Too 'Busy On Calls' to Visit Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day
- UN chief of peace operations honours fallen Chadian ‘blue helmets’ serving in northern Mali
- Parades, ceremonies, speeches, pasta dinners: Ways to honor veterans in Greater Waterbury, Litchfield County this weekend
- Wreath-laying at State House kicks off week of tributes for veterans
- Arcadia man among veterans receiving Legion of Honor from French government
Ceremony honours Dien Bien Phu campaign veterans have 336 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.