ABC television series Anh’s Brush With Fame beat reality TV shows on commercial networks in the metropolitan ratings on Wednesday night.
According to OzTAM metro figures, the public broadcaster’s popular series pulled in 682,000 viewers, outshiningChannel 10’s MasterChef (648,000) and Seven’s renovation show, House Rules (613,000).
Anh’s Brush With Fame surpassed Channel Nine’s revamped game show, Talkin’ Bout Your Generation, which attracted a paltry 503,000 viewers.
Back on top! ABC’s Anh’s Brush With Fame beats Channel Ten reality TV show MasterChef as ratings battle continues
The ABC talk show, which sees the Australian-Vietnamese star painting his celebrity guests while interviewing them, may have seen a ratings spike thanks to Dannii Minogue’s appearance.
The Australian singer sat down with the comedian during Wednesday night’s episode and revealed that, before becoming a mother, she never wanted to have children.
‘I never had a burning desire to be a mum – ever,’ the 47-year-old told Anh’s Brush With Fame last night.
Reality bites! According to OzTAM metro figures, the public broadcaster’s popular series pulled in 682,000 viewers, outshining Channel 10’s reality cooking series, MasterChef (648,000) and Seven’s renovation program, House Rules (613,000)
The latest episode of the Anh Do hosted show also dominated over Channel Nine’s revamped game show, Talkin’ Bout Your Generation, which attracted a paltry 503,000 viewers
The singer said she struggled to get enthused about the prospect of having children because her hectic lifestyle meant she rarely looked after other people’s kids.
‘I’d never babysat kids because I never had time to do those normal things,’ she told Anh as he painted her portrait.
‘I was nervous with my brother’s children – I never knew how to hold them or what to do – it wasn’t all natural for me.’
‘I never had a burning desire to be a mum – ever,’ Dannii confessed
But the former Australia’s Got Talent judge said that all changed after she had Ethan.
‘Now I see someone else’s baby, I’m like, ‘Let me take that baby off you. Let me pick it up’,’ Dannii said.
‘From that day on, when you have a child, you suddenly learn about all those things that your parents said to you with all the best intentions.’
Different perspective: But the former Australia’s Got Talent judge said that all changed after she had Ethan (pictured with her son and her ex-partner Kris Smith)
Elsewhere in her interview on the ABC talk show, Dannii revealed an unnamed magazine once blackmailed her with claims she was HIV positive.
She said a journalist threatened to run the false story about her unless she agreed to do an interview with them.
Recalling the ordeal, the Australian beauty said she was forced to get a rushed HIV test to prove the publication wrong.
Horror: Elsewhere in her interview on the ABC talk show, Dannii revealed an unnamed magazine once blackmailed her with claims she was HIV positive
- 13 TV shows that became massive because of social media
- ‘It’s not worth losing your job over’: Bachelor, Amazing Race, and Survivor alums explain how reality stardom affected their careers
- Stephen Colbert bringing Donald Trump animated series to TV
- The 22 most exciting TV shows this summer you need to see
- How digital is saving TV companies from extinction
- The top-trending TV show on Google this year was a Netflix series about teen suicide
- 20 modern classic TV shows everyone needs to watch in their lifetime
- Real Vision TV’s killer interviews of 2016
- Fired ‘Today’ host Matt Lauer’s contract was reportedly worth $25 million a year —here’s how that compares to other top TV show hosts
- 10 episodes that show the heart and soul behind
- How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom: A Tim Tebow Story
- 18 outlandish conspiracy theories Donald Trump has floated on the campaign trail and in the White House
ABC's Anh's Brush With Fame beats Channel Ten reality TV show MasterChef as ratings battle continues have 669 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.