“We’re really happy now that Doan Thi Huong will soon be released. We would like to thank the Malaysia government, Attorney General and prosecutors for this verdict,” Le Quy Quynh, Vietnamese ambassador to Malaysia, said Monday. Quynh also expressed gratitude to Malaysian lawyers and the Vietnam Bar Federation for their efforts and cooperation in protecting Huong’s rights. He insisted that Huong, 30, was a victim in this case, just like her co-accused, Siti Aisyah from Indonesia, who was released last month. Doan Thi Huong has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge that she “purposely caused injury” to Kim by employing “dangerous means” in attacking him with VX at Kuala Lumpur Airport, rather than the original murder charge, which carries a mandatory death penalty. She was sentenced to three years and four months in jail beginning from her arrest in February 2017. Her legal team has said that with usual sentence reductions, she would be released next month. “In the first week of May, she will go home,” lawyer Hisyam Teh Poh Teik told reporters at the Shah Alam High Court outside Kuala Lumpur. Doan Thi Huong shows up for Kim Jong-nam murder trial Both Huong and Aisyah consistently denied the murder charges against… Read full this story
- Where is Kim Jong-un dead? The rumours around North Korea’s dictator
- South Korea’s Old Torture Factory Is Making Nice With Kim Jong Un
- Kim Jong-un says the ‘absolute might’ of its nuclear weapons ensures there will ‘NEVER be war on this land again’
- Kim Yo-jong: the sister of Kim Jong-un, fast 'becoming his alter ego'
- South Korea and China play down Kim Jong-un ill-health claims
- Kim Jong-un death rumours quashed as North Korean tyrant finally shows up ending mystery month-long vanishing act
- Kim Jong-un dead rumours blown apart as North Korean tyrant shows up for ceremony to mark 26 years since grandad’s death
- Kim Jong-un threatened WW3 with South Korea after ‘dirty’ photoshopped images of his wife were dropped into North Korea
- Kim Jong-un was 'hauled from school after spies exposed his love of BDSM porn'
- Kim Jong-un’s army officers surround him with pistols drawn to mark 67th anniversary of the end of Korean War
Vietnam thanks Malaysia for verdict in Kim Jong-nam murder case have 377 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.