Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the event (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The establishment of the Vietnam Book Day has contributed greatly to restoring and developing the reading culture, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said at a national conference on April 18 reviewing the impacts of the Book Day since it was first observed five years ago. April 21 every year is designated the Vietnam Book Day under the Prime Minister’s Decision 284/QD-TTg dated February 24, 2014. Deputy PM Dam hailed publishing houses, organisations and individuals who have made great efforts to publish books and send books to remote areas. The mass media have also played an important role in promoting the reading habits and the love for books. For the good habit to continue spreading, the deputy PM requested the Ministry of Information and Communications to compile policies to facilitate book publishing and distribution, noting that there remain several problems in financial and economic mechanisms for publishing and other book-related activities that need to be quickly removed. He urged the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism to continue to implement its project on developing the reading culture and integrate it into other cultural development schemes…. Read full this story
- Turkey is not in a currency crisis: Deputy prime minister
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern Announces Return to Work After Giving Birth: 'I'm Multitasking Like Every Parent'
- Text of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Address at Parliament of Uganda on 25 July, 2018 during his State Visit to Uganda
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull ousted in party coup, Scott Morrison to replace him
- CNBC Transcript: Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore
- Jacinda Ardern Embraces Dual Role: New Zealand Prime Minister and Mom
- Australia Just Killed Off Another Prime Minister in Its Endless Showdown Over Climate Policy
- Malaysia's Mahathir says would back old foe Anwar as prime minister
- Jacinda Ardern is sworn in as New Zealand prime minister
- Australian prime minister warns he could quit Parliament soon
Vietnam Book Day helps promote reading culture: Deputy Prime Minister have 337 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.