The symposium is to continue affirming and making clear the role of the Party and President Ho Chi Minh in leading and guiding the campaign, the combatant will and spirit of the army, the strength of the people’s war, and the role and contributions by the armed forces and people in other battlefields during the campaign, the press conference heard.
This is also one of the activities marking the 65th anniversary of the victory over the French colonialists, drawing experiences and historic lessons in the strategic leadership, command, and application of those to the current national construction and defence.
Representatives of the ministry further revealed that there will be over 80 papers to be delivered at the function focusing on the theme, highlighting the then international, regional and domestic context; analysing the developments in the battlefields of the period; and assessing the stature, role, influence and significance of the Dien Bien Phu victory to the revolution in Vietnam and of colonialised nations in the world.
A prominent point at the symposium will be the use of documents previously rated as top secret. Besides, many recent documents, memoirs and articles on intelligence activities by Vietnam and France relating to the campaign will also be made public.-VNA
- Historic Dien Bien Phu Victory’s 60th anniversary celebrated
- Dien Bien Phu Victory’s 60th anniversary celebrated
- Dien Bien Phu victory – great pride of Vietnamese people
- Dien Bien Phu victory – a turning point
- Dien Bien Phu victory on papers’ frontpages
- Dien Bien Phu victory, glorious milestone in Vietnam’s national construction and defense history
- Engineering troops’ role in Dien Bien Phu Victory
- Dien Bien Phu victory to be spotlighted at int’l seminar
- “Dien Bien Phu Victory and national sea - island sovereignty” exhibition opens in Khanh Hoa
- Dien Bien Phu victory – lesson to win peace