Japanese zipper-maker YKK will begin operations at its second plant in Vietnam in October, reported the Japan Times.
YKK R&D Center. Photo: YKK
The company plans to increase its production capacity by 40 per cent in the fiscal year through March 2021 compared with fiscal year 2017.
YKK Vietnam Co., YKK’s local subsidiary, built the plant at the Dong Van III Industrial Zone in the northern province of Ha Nam, some 40 km south of Hanoi, with total investment of $59.9 million.
Adding to its existing plant in the southern province of Dong Nai, the new 51,000 sq m site will shorten delivery times to garment makers in Vietnam’s north.
It is also expected to respond to garment production shifting from China to Vietnam.
The parent group opened an R&D Center at YKK Vietnam last year, which brought its number of development sites to 36 (eight of which are R&D centers) and its number of R&D personnel to 945 as at the end of 2018.
Aside from zippers, YKK also makes other fastening products, like hook and loop self-closing tape fastening systems, webbing, and metal and plastic notions and buckles. It also produces aluminum building products, like windows and entrance systems for low, medium, and high-rise applications.
In the FY2019 business policy, the group’s sales are to be boosted in the US, China, and Asia region, with a goal of reinforcing its foundations and expanding to target markets.
YKK Vietnam was established in 1998, as the tenth fastening company in the ASAO (ASEAN South Asia & Oceania) region. With the assistance of its valued customers, business partners, and employees, the company has been expanding its business activities.
YKK was founded in Japan as a zipper manufacturing company in 1934 by Mr. Tadao Yoshida. In the early years, Mr. Yoshida’s company carried his name and was called Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha, or “YKK” for short.
Vietnam and Japan set up diplomatic ties on Sept. 21, 1973. The two countries lifted up their ties to extensive strategic partnership in March 2014 from reliable, stable, long-term partnership in 2002
Vietnam’s production and export activities, and its trade balance, may be affected by the tensions between South Korea and Japan, according to Rong Viet Securities.
- World’s largest glove maker to open first Vietnam factory next year
- Tourism soars between Japan and Vietnam as more direct flights open
- Vietnam calls for Japan lead in PPP projects
- Techfest 2019 opens in Quang Ninh
- Nam ousted from Vietnam Open men’s singles
- The southern provinces of Vietnam will receive many billion-dollar FDI projects
- Mario Maker 2 Keymaster solution: How to find all key locations and get the true ending
- SK Innovation finishes China EV battery plant
- How in the second wave of craft beer, the action is shifting to canning and bottling
- Inside the world of ‘plastic farmers’ who spend all day hunting for scraps of plastic and aluminium to sell to recycling plants
- Hanoi traditional values feature in Old Quarter braised fish
- Garment & textile sector, magnet for foreign investors
Japanese zipper-maker YKK to open second Vietnam plant have 507 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.