Greenbank Park in South Liverpool has welcomed a cafe and bar – The Watering Can.
Serving breakfast, small plates and cocktails, the venue is set to bring a new element to the much-loved family park.
The idea of The Watering Can came from co-owners Phil Darling and Keith Perryman.
Phil, from Aigburth, said: “We’ve both got a passion for developing the city’s parks because they’re great spaces.
“It’s been a project five years in the making, so we’re excited that it’s all coming to life now.
“We want to bring the outside in and make it feel like an extension of the park.
“When the weather is nice, the whole front will open up too.”
At the moment the venue is open as a cafe from 9am to 5pm. However eventually it will stay open as a bistro-style venue until 10 o’clock at night.
In the day, customers will be able to choose from breakfast, sandwiches, salads and an extensive selection of freshly-made cakes and pastry.
The evening menu features a fusion between British and Mediterranean small plates.
In the future, the owners also plan to put on themed nights, such as wine and gin tasting evenings, and food pairing events.
Already The Watering Can is getting rave reviews, with customers commenting on the aesthetic of the venue and the food.
One five star reviewer, Jenny Meah, said: “This place has a charming rustic look. Beautifully designed conservatory looking onto the ornamental garden. The breakfast was fantastic. Cakes, pastries and cocktails/ beers available. Friendly helpful staff. The prices are very reasonable.”
Another reviewer, Elizabeth Hickey, said: “Went for lunch with my family. Good choice of food and drink available. Lovely decor and views of the park.
New restaurants in Liverpool
“The prices are reasonable and the food was lovely. Will be a regular for the coffee and cake definitely and will certainly be back for lunch in the future.”
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WateringCanLiverpool/
Follow reporter Ellen Kirwin on social media
Follow Ellen on Twitter here
You can read more of her stories here
Email her on [email protected]
Or contact Ellen on Facebook if you want to share any news, stories or updates.
- Banff - Lake Louise: Stunning Beauty and Nature At Its Best in the Canadian Rockies
- New York City Off -The- Record: Part 1
- Stunning, Sun-sational Sydney: Things You Have to Do and See
- There's Something for Everyone in New Zealand - South Island Part 2
- Screenplay Contest: Bagdad Cafe (1987) Deconstructed
- City of New York
- Best New England Beaches to Visit Anytime of the Year
- Sensational Parks of Pinellas County
- 10 Tips for a Hotel Stay in New York City
- Auckland-A Mini Guide to Auckland New Zealand
- The Natural Side of Aruba: Arikok Park
- Buying An Outdoor Water Fountain Or Statue - First Know How Long It'll Last
Inside the new stunning café The Watering Can in Greenbank Park have 501 words, post on www.liverpoolecho.co.uk at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.