Jakarta (VNA) – The Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS) 2019 kicked off on April 25 in Jakarta.
Lilik Oetama, a member of the show’s organising board, said that this year’s IIMS, which will run until May 5, feature more new models and products from at least 26 brands and automakers.
Among car brands taking part in the show are Mitsubishi, Suzuki, BMW, Chevrolet, Mini and Nissan, while the motorcycle brands include high-end BMW Motorrad, Harley-Davidson and Husqvarna.
The organising board expects to see more than 500,000 visitors and transactions of 4 trillion Rp (281.8 million USD) during the event.
In 2018, Indonesia produced 1.34 million cars nationally, 346,000 of which were exported.
Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto stated that the country hopes to export 400,000 cars this year.-VNA
- Vietnam AutoExpo 2019 opens in Hanoi
- Hyundai Motor opens job training centre in Hanoi
- Vietnam’s football coach opens up opportunities for South Korean businesses
- President Jokowi optimistic about electric cars in Indonesia
- SE Asia needs to do more to open markets: study commissioned by automaker GM
- Binh Duong: International Women’s Cycling Tournament opens
- Fever, fervor in the air as Vietnam-South Korea football semifinal looms
- Next-gen Honda Brio previewed with the Honda Small RS Concept at IIMS 2018
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga