In addition, a wide range of entertainment activities will be held to serve spectators on April 30, which marks the 44th anniversary of National Reunification Day.
Accordingly, between 21:00 and 21:15 on April 30, the city’s Military High Command and the Department of Culture and Sport will organise a high-altitude firework display around Thu Thiem tunnel in District 2 and Landmark 81 in Binh Thanh district, along with a low-altitude firework display at Dam Sen cultural park in District 11.
The city also plans to host a lighting decoration program in the streets as well as a number of photo exhibitions on Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, Dong Khoi road, and at the Culture and Labour Palace.
Local authorities are expected to pay tribute to the country’s fallen soldiers at the city’s War Martyrs Cemetery and offer incense to late Presidents Ho Chi Minh and Ton Duc Thang.
A diverse range of art performances are planned to be held on Nguyen Hue pedestrian street on the evenings of April 29 and 30 along with other cultural centres in districts across the city.
The southern city will also organise the Ho Chi Minh City Television Cycling Tournament, a marathon on Le Duan road in District 1, a boat racing competition in Rach Dia canal, and a Flower Festival in Tao Dan Park.
- Colorful fireworks in Ho Chi Minh City celebrate National Reunification Day
- Fireworks, cultural-sport events mark national reunification day
- HCM City celebrates National Poetry Day
- HCM City celebrates National Family Day
- Worldwide celebrations underway for National Reunification Day
- Citizens throng Independence Palace on National Reunification Day
- Fine art performance, fireworks to glitter in HCMC on Reunification Day
- Fireworks display to mark National Reunification Day
- Activities celebrate 41st National Reunification Day