As the disastrous effects of climate change are increasingly felt across the world, building out a circular economy is becoming a burning need, Photo: Le Toan Last week, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to build the first road in Vietnam using recycled plastics at the DEEP C industrial complex in the northern port city of Haiphong was signed between US-backed Dow Group and DEEP C – a joint venture between Belgium’s Rent-A-Port and the Haiphong People’s Committee. The project aims to divert post-use flexible packaging from becoming litter or entering a landfill, while also creating more durable, longer-lasting roads. The initial one-kilometre road, set for completion in September, will divert nearly four metric tonnes of flexible packaging, the equivalent of roughly one million pieces of flexible wrappers which will be supplied by Dow customers in the surrounding areas. Upon completion, the road will be tested by Vietnam Maritime University prior to expansion throughout the complex. “Dow has a strong commitment to ending plastic waste, in part by finding innovative ways to transform it into new products,” said Dow Vietnam general director Ekkasit Lakkananithiphan. “We have developed more than 90km of asphalt roads containing plastic waste in India, Indonesia, Thailand, and… Read full this story
- Energy from waste and a circular economy: innovative ideas to solve the waste crisis
- Unilever leading the charge in building circular economy in Vietnam
- Unilever leading the charge to build a circular economy across Vietnam
- The $5-trillion milestone: How to unlock economy’s value
- Market value of G-bonds equivalent to 20% of GDP
- Housing Market Is Still One Of The Brightest Spots Of US Economy
- Cancer patients struggle with new circular
- FG inaugurates review committee for digital economy policy, strategy
- An internet economy: a golden treasure trove?
- Scrutinising the implications of new deals on Vietnam’s economy
Extracting the most in circular economy value have 313 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.