Golden Bridge in Da Nang.
Accordingly, Da Nang has upgraded much of its infrastructure and beautified its renowned beaches in preparation to welcome visitors as the year’s peak tourist season approaches.
In addition, Da Nang has provided additional facilities and equipment such as canoes and walkie-talkies to rescue workers at the beaches. It has also published travel information on the city through leaflets in English, South Korean, and Chinese as well as informing accommodation establishments and travel companies on rescue activities, VOV reported.
Aside from improving infrastructure, the city is about to launch the annual firework festival and an international balloon display between April and June.
Earlier, Da Nang has introduced new tourism products, including a night market and entertainment services to meet the increasing demands of tourists.
The number of visitors to Da Nang in 2018 increased 15.5% on-year to an estimated 7.6 million, including 2.8 million foreigners, a 23.3% increase from a year earlier, according to the municipal Department of Tourism. The city welcomed 4.7 million domestic holidaymakers, an 11.2% increase from 2017.
Arrivals by sea and air in the reviewed period recorded annual increases of 66% and 48.7%, respectively. Da Nang’s revenue from travel in 2018 was estimated at VN24 trillion (US$1.03 billion), representing an on-year jump of 23.3%.
Da Nang aims to welcome 8.19 million visitors throughout 2019, up 6.9% year-on-year. the figure includes 3.19 million foreigners, an increase of 11%. The tourism sector aims to gross VND27.4 trillion (US$1.18 billion) in revenue, up 13.9% against the previous year.
- Da Nang welcomes first direct flight from Russia's Novosibirsk
- Da Nang’s traditional festival draws thousands of visitors
- Top destinations for Mid-Autumn Festival celebration in Da Nang, Hoi An
- Da Nang to host Int’l Paramotor Race
- Da Nang listed in top 10 Asia’s Fresh Destinations
- Lao Prime Minister visits Da Nang
- Da Nang seeks solutions towards smart city goal
- Rooftop solar photovoltaic system inaugurated in Da Nang
- Da Nang marathon calls for efforts to protect children
- US$60 million To Be Invested in Vacation Complex in Da Nang