Tan Lap Floating Village in the Mekong Delta province of Long An (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved an action programme implementing the Government’s resolution 120/NQ-CP on sustainable development of the Mekong Delta in response to climate change. The programme outlines six groups of tasks and solutions, including the revision, improvement and supplementation of mechanisms and policies on land to serve large-scale, highly competitive and sustainable agricultural goods production; supporting the application and transfer of science technology in agro-production; and developing urban and rural residential areas suitable with the conditions of each region. The PM requested an appropriate agricultural production structure focusing on aquaculture, fruit and rice along with developing the green and low-carbon emission industry, renewable energy and forestation, as well as protecting coastal areas. He suggested developing service – tourism into a strong economic sector by tapping the delta’s potential and natural advantages as well as its cultural characteristics. Investment projects on infrastructure development must have a reasonable roadmap and prioritise works which can boost the whole region’s economy and society, as well as essential facilities for local people. The PM also urged the prevention of erosion and subsidence in coastal areas… Read full this story
- Mission impossible: Tom Cruise photos show that even action heroes can develop 'man boobs'
- GitHub Actions moves GitHub into DevOps
- VN to hosts 12th Inter-gov Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forum
- THE LAST ACTION HERO?
- Commentary: A sustainable future increasingly looks more Chinese
- Government gearing up to launch national action plan for senior citizens
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Tesla, PepsiCo, Netflix, Delta & more
- Developing economies don't back G-8 climate goal
- Suriname, T&T lead calls for action on climate change
- Utilizing Industry 4.0 to convert VN into developed country
Action programme on sustainable development in Mekong Delta have 307 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.