Delegates press button to kick-start construction on Formula One (F1) Hanoi Grand Prix racetrack in Hanoi (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Construction started on the Formula One (F1) Hanoi Grand Prix racetrack in Hanoi’s Nam Tu Liem district on March 20. The circuit will be more than 5.5km in length, with 22 turns. It will stretch over part of the My Dinh Sports Complex, while one section will be part of a public road. This track will be designed by the Formula One Group and Germany’s Tilke company, meeting all technical and safety requirements as regulated by the International Automobile Federation (FIA). In addition, an area has been zoned off for the construction of a control centre, a grandstand, warehouse, parking lot and helipads to serve racing teams and spectators. Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung emphasised that Hanoi believes the world’s most attractive race will be organised on schedule and meet the expectations of Vietnamese people as well as F1 lovers worldwide. The race will also help promote the image of Vietnam and Hanoi to the world, he added. The track is expected to be complete in March 2020, as the race is set to take… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Building work begins at temporary hospital at Glasgow's SEC
- Aston Martin to make return to F1 from next season after £536m fundraising campaign
- What F1 races have been cancelled due to coronavirus, and when will Grand Prix season now start?
- British GP bosses want Silverstone to host two races to help coronavirus-hit F1 season get back on track
- Red Bull chief Helmut Marko wanted ‘coronavirus camp’ to infect F1 stars early so they would build up immunity
- COVID-19 border closures: Hanoi’s int'l community grapple with stay or go dilemma
- The Queen thanks 'all those working hard to complete' new 4,000-bed NHS Nightingale Hospital in London's ExCel Centre that is set to take in its first coronavirus patients this week
- Vietnam Grand Prix adds new corner to racing track ahead of F1 debut
- Vietnam to host F1 race in 2020
- F1 Virtual GP: Charles Leclerc, Ben Stokes, Jenson Button on the grid
Work begins on F1 racetrack in Hanoi have 369 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.