Viet Nam News LĂNG CÔ — One of Việt Nam’s leading golf courses, Laguna Golf Lang Co, is staying at the top of its maintenance game by utilising the talents of a very special group of greenkeepers: a family of water buffalo. As every superintendent worth their salt will tell you, prime conditioning is key to the success of every leading golf course. Dedicated greenkeeping staff at top clubs around the world deploy sophisticated hardware and a variety of innovative techniques to keep their layouts in world-class nick. At Laguna Golf Lang Co though, the legwork involved in maintaining the layout – a spectacular Nick Faldo-designed track where golfers encounter tropical jungle, ocean sand dunes and rice paddies – is shared between man, machine and beast. “We are pretty sure it’s a first in this part of the world to have animals performing such an important role on the golf course,” said Adam Calver, Director of Golf at Laguna Golf Lang Co. The work is carried out by father Tu Phat, mother Chi Chi and their calf, Bao, tending to 4ha of rice fields located in the middle of the course. The paddies contour the 3rd and 4th holes and… Read full this story
- A Wild Year visits the ancient wetland of Wicken Fen where hawks once thought to be extinct are thriving, a European crane has returned to breed for the first time in 400 years and Asian water buffalo roam
- John Waters Designs Boldly Retro New York Film Festival Poster: “Always Knew I’d Get My Ass In There Somehow!”
- Tap water for 1.92-lakh rural houses
- Meet Yuvraj, The 3000-Pound Buffalo Bull Whose Sperm is Worth Millions
- 15 Best Foods To Eat When You Have Stomach Flu
- Chinese employees are 'forced to eat live worms as punishment after failing to hit their sales targets'
- Cypress Area Eats works to save local restaurants as COVID-19 takes its toll
- 11 Healthy Eating Tips For A Healthier Lifestyle
- Selena Gomez says she feels inspired by Tom Petty as she settles into his former home: 'It's that spirit, knowing Stevie Nicks was here, the history'
- Keep eating out — it’s good for the economy…and for the human soul
Water buffalo eat up Nick Faldo design have 379 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.