Vietnamese filmmakers want to use Netflix as a way to market their films to international audiences but have faced many difficulties. A scene from Gai Gia Lam Chieu mini-series In the era of web drama and watching film on a phone, many producers are trying to push their films on Netflix as well as other over-the-top (OTT) platforms. Many experts said that Netflix hadn’t made any breakthrough in Vietnam because of the lack of Vietnamese content. However, this is also an opportunity for filmmakers to promote their films to the world. As of now, only three Vietnamese feature films have been added onto Netflix. The most recent film, Hai Phuong, is rumoured to have been sold for a record-breaking USD5m. Directors Bao Nhan and Nam Cito announced that they are planning to make a mini-series with 10 episodes titled Gai Gia Lam Chieu and they are aiming for Netflix. “The cast will be experienced actors, post-production will be completed in Thailand and the music will be done by Christopher Wong. We will also add Chinese subtitles,” Nhan said. Producer Tran Thi Bich Ngoc said, “We have the technology and human resources to make quality films that meet the standards of… Read full this story
- SF buys South Van Ness site, turning it from market-rate to affordable housing
- Your lifeboat in bear market: Stocks that may still break even come hell or high water
- Vietnamese films to shine at Busan Int’l Film Fest
- Is the end of Netflix's golden age in sight?
- Commission on overseas Vietnamese marks 60th anniversary
- Larger companies used downturn to improve efficiencies of operation: Sunil Subramaniam
- 2019 is similar to 2013 market but the economy is much stronger: Sunil Singhania
- This time, the market was too vicious, we did not get time to react: Madhu Kela
- What changed for the market while you were sleeping; 15 things to know
- Correction is not over yet as weak rupee leads to weaker markets: Vivek Mavani
Vietnamese filmmakers turn to Netflix for larger market have 338 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.