Doan Thi Huong is accused of murdering Kim Jong-nam with nerve agent VX at Kuala Lumpur airport in 2017, in a Cold War-style hit that shocked the world. Her co-accused — Siti Aisyah from Indonesia — was unexpectedly released earlier this month after prosecutors withdrew a murder charge following pressure from the government in Jakarta. But a few days later, Huong’s request to have her charge dropped was rejected, sparking anger in Vietnam and accusations of unfair treatment. The 30-year-old’s lawyers have lodged a second application to the attorney-general seeking her release, and on Monday prosecutors are expected to announce his decision in court. “The second representation was essentially to the attorney-general to reconsider his rejection of the earlier representation,” her lawyer, Hisyam Teh Poh Teik, told AFP. “Huong could walk free like Aisyah, see her murder charge reduced or in a worst case situation, her murder trial proceeds.” If the trial goes ahead, Huong is scheduled to testify. After prosecutors refused to drop charges against Huong, she sobbed in the dock and had to be helped out of court by police officers. Both Huong and Aisyah denied murder, insisting they were tricked by North Korean spies into assassinating Kim,… Read full this story
- Report: Assad to Meet With Kim Jong-un in North Korea
- Leaving North Korea: Defectors Reveal How They Fled Kim Jong Un's Regime and Why So Few People Escape
- Why North Korean Soldiers Risk Their Lives Fleeing Kim Jong Un's Rule
- Who Are the North Korean Officials Sanctioned by the U.S.? Kim Jong Sik and Ri Pyong Chol Are the Real Rocket Men
- The Starting 5: Iran Strikes Back, Carlos Ghosn, Measles Vaccine, Kim Jong Un's Birthday and a New China Report
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un open to fresh talks with Donald Trump if US has 'right attitude'
- Is the U.S. Going to War With North Korea? New Threats From Trump and Kim Jong Un Highlight Troubled History
- Thousands of North Koreans 'attend mass rally' in Pyongyang to support Kim Jong Un after his threats to create 'new strategic weapon' in anger over stalled nuclear talks with US
- Why Kim Jong Un's Birthday Is Just Another Day in North Korea
- Who Are Kim Jong Un's Children and Does North Korea Have an Heir?
Vietnam woman in Kim Jong-nam case in new release bid have 388 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.